FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, PAPER-I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
How the Neo-Realist and Constructivist approaches differ over the study of state behavior in the contemporary international politics? (20)
Q. No. 3.
Describe the concept of Pre-Emptive Self-Defense in the context of International Law and critically evaluate the legitimacy of US use of force against Iraq. (20)
Q. No. 4.
What do you understand by International Political Economy? How it promotes economic dependency in the developing states? (20)
Q. No. 5.
Define the concept of Strategic Culture and highlight the major determinants of Pakistan’s Strategic Culture. (20)
Q. No. 6.
Explain the concept of Economic Liberalism and relate its core interests with the concept of Neo-imperialism. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Critically evaluate the US Indo-Pacific policy. Do you believe the current US strategies are aimed at containing growing economic super power China? (20)
Q. No. 8.
Describe the geo-strategic importance of Indian Ocean and highlight its impacts on Pakistan’s Maritime security. (20)