FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, PAPER-II
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
What are the multidimensional and multifaceted impacts of climate change on multiple dimensions of security? Identify each, discuss and analyze under the theoretical framework of Security and International Relations. (20)
Q. No. 3.
What are the four essentials of Resource Management? When does a resource become an element of power “OR” a resource curse? Discuss the Reko-Diq case in this context. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Why is it difficult to define terrorism? Elaborate upon the following:
(a) Feminization of terrorism (b) Criminalization of terrorism
(c) Commercialization of terrorism (d) State-terrorism
Q. No. 5.
Differentiate between Washington consensus and Beijing consensus. Is Beijing consensus a challenge to the Washington consensus? (20)
Q. No. 6.
Comment in detail on mechanism of conflict resolution between Pakistan and Afghanistan and on Durand line issue. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Discuss Russia’s return to South Asia and United States’ Indo-Pacific Strategy. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Explain the following diagram in the light of multi-track diplomacy. Which is the most important track of diplomacy and why? (20)