FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2018 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
POLITICAL SCIENCE, PAPER-I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II by selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Critically analyze the salient features of Plato’s Republic. Do you think that some of its features are valid, even today? (20)
Q. No. 3.
What is the concept of State of Nature as given by Thomas Hobbes? Make its comparison with the Social Contract as presented by John Locke and Rousseau. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Write a detailed note on the concept of asbiah as given by Ibn-e-Khaldun. What is its significance in the progress and decline of nations? (20)
Q. No. 5.
Write a detailed essay on the principle of Ijtihad in Islam as given by Allama Iqbal. How it can be made possible in the modern age? (20)
Q. No. 6.
What is significance of Local Government System in a country? Discuss the reasons of repeated failures of the efforts in Pakistan to establish a stable local government. (20)
Q. No. 7.
What is the significance of independent judiciary in a democratic republic? Do you think that without an independent judiciary a system of checks and balances can be established in the government? Explain with appropriate examples. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each)
(a) Role of middle class in strengthening the democracy.
(b) Violation of parliamentary values and traditions in Pakistan
(c) Significance of religious harmony in a state.