FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, PAPER-I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Define International Relations. Discuss its changing/ evolving scope. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Comparatively discuss the modernist IR theories (Realism and Liberalism) with post-modernist IR theories (Feminism and Constructivism). (20)
Q. No. 4.
Explain the concept of ‘Comprehensive Security’ differentiating it from the traditional concept of ‘Power’. Is it an appropriate concept for developing and poor countries? (20)
Q. No. 5.
Identify and analytically explain the various conflict resolution methods. (20)
Q. No. 6.
What is the role of economy in state behaviour? How does it influence definition of National Interest and how is used as a tool of achieving foreign policy goals? Discuss with examples. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Identify the different types of non-State actors in International Relations and their impact on the International System. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Identify and discuss determinants of Pakistan’s Foreign Policy. (20)