FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2021 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. Selecting TWO questions from EACH
SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
SECTION – I
Q. No. 2.
Why the Aeolian landform are mostly located between 15° to 30° North and South latitudes? Describe the major characteristics of deserts emphasizing their geographical location and associated landforms. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Discuss the significant movements of ocean water, its causes and impacts on weather (20) and shipping activities. (20)
Q. No. 4.
“Life on the Planet earth is mainly because of the atmospheric shield”. Highlight this statement and bring out the role of atmosphere in sustaining plant, animal, and human life on the earth surface. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Environmental risk and hazards are becoming very common during the current century. Discuss the hydro-meteorological hazards with special reference to Pakistan. (20)
SECTION – II
Q. No. 6.
Many conflicts in Africa can be attributed to ethnicity. Enlist major conflicts and suggest mitigative methods for the peaceful resolution of these conflicts in Africa. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Population of the world is unevenly distributed. Describe the physical and historical factors to highlight the existing pattern of population distribution in the world. (20)
Q. No. 8.
The Middle East plays a pivotal role in global geopolitics and currently a lot of changes have occurred in this region. Write an essay on the impacts of these changes on the Muslim world. (20)