FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. Selecting TWO questions from EACH
SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
PART – II
SECTION – I
Q. No. 2.
Enlist the major fluvial landforms and explain how they are produced. Also bring out their impact on human activities. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Point out the specific conditions under which karst topography is developed and also explicate various karst features. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Describe the stratification of atmosphere on the basis of its thermal characteristics. Also discuss why troposphere is the most significant part of atmosphere with regard to various human activities. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Examine the temperature and salinity distribution of world oceans along with their impact on marine ecosystem. (20)
SECTION – II
Q. No. 6.
Discuss the role of raw materials, labour wages and transport cost in determining the location of industries with special reference to Alfred Weber’s theory. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Critically examine the application of concentric zone model for the study of urban land use patterns. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each)
(a) Major attributes of the states
(b) Demographic transition
(c) Components of population change