FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2019 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. Selecting TWO questions from EACH
SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
SECTION – I
Q. No. 2.
Describe the Conventional ages of the Earth’s crust along with possible mechanism of crustal growth. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Discuss and trace the breeding ground of the Monsoon along with weather associated with summer Monsoon. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Through a diagram locate Torrid Zone and explain its prevailing weather phenomenon. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Bring out Kyoto Protocol – Targets for the first commitment period. (20)
SECTION – II
Q. No. 6.
Compare and contrast geographic domains and its impact on culture prevailing in the Andes Mountain and Nile Valley. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Cite out at least three cosmopolitan cities in world mentioning causes of their growth. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each)
(a) Normal cycle of erosion
(b) Mid Atlanic Ridge
(c) Sericulture in Pakistan