FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Critically evaluate Mill’s Methods of Experimental Inquiry. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Explain Kant’s Copernican Revolution in Philosophy. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Explain Simple and Complex Ideas with special reference to Locke. (20)
Q. No. 5
Define Utilitarianism. Discuss how a utilitarian decides whether or not an act is morally right.
Q. No. 6.
Discuss the concept of Khudi (Ego) with special reference to Iqbal. (20)
Q. No. 7 (10 each) (20)
(a) Explain and criticize Pragmatic Theory of Truth.
(b) Define Philosophy. What is its relationship with religion?
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each) (20)
- Deductive Method
- Social Contract Theory