FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Define philosophy. What is its relationship with religion?
Q. No. 3.
‘Doubt’ is the key point of Cartesian Method. Illuminate.
Q. No. 4.
Bergson rejects any kind of ‘teleological’ explanation of evolution. Give your own opinion.
Q. No. 5.
Illustrate main characteristics of subjective idealism of Berkeley.
Q. No. 6.
Main idea of Kant’s ethics is ‘duty for the sake of duty’. Is it justified? Give your own statement.
Q. No. 7.
Write an essay on Ibn-e-Sina’s theory of knowledge.
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each)
(a) Psychological and ethical egoism