FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2019 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Discuss Berkely’s view of reality in detail.
Q. No. 3.
What is philosophy? Discuss its relation to science.
Q. No. 4.
Introduce any two of the following: (10 each)
a. Kant b. Bergson c. John Dewey
Q. No. 5.
Discuss Popper’s logical method, its merits and demerits.
Q. No. 6.
Define and explain any FOUR of the following: (5 each)
a. Idealism b. Rationalism c. Realism
d. Empiricism e. Pragmatism f. Utilitarianism
Q. No. 7.
Discuss the Idea of the Good as an Ethical theory.
Q. No. 8.
Write Short notes any two of the following: (10 each)
a. Plato’s political views
b. Ghazali’s criticism of the Philosophers
c. Hume’s skepticism