FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2018 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Define Philosophy and explain its main branches.
Q. No. 3.
Discuss key points of Popper’s Fallibilism.
Q. No. 4.
Work out the weaknesses and strengths of Deductive method.
Q. No. 5.
Discuss Berkeley’s critique of Locke’s representative realism.
Q. No. 6.
Critically evaluate Rawls’ notion of Original Position.
Q. No. 7.
In what sense Foucault may be treated as a post-modernist thinker.
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each)
(c) Ibn Rushid