FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2017 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Discuss the Skepticism of Hume in-depth; how has it affected his ideas regarding Cause and Self ?
Q. No. 3.
How did Ghazali refute the Philosophers’ argument about Eternity of the Universe?
Q. No. 4.
Elaborate the way Iqbal has reconciled Divine Power (Omnipotence) and Knowledge with human freedom.
Q. No. 5.
What do you understand by Dialectics? Critically evaluate Hegel’s Dialectical Method.
Q. No. 6.
Elucidate Heidegger’s Theory of Being with special reference to Dasien.
Q. No. 7.
What is Historical Materialism? Elaborate Karl Marx’s contribution in its development.
Q. No. 8.
Write comprehensive notes on any two of the following: (10 each)
(a) Three types of Knowledge by Spinoza.
(b) Kant’s Categorical Imperative.
(c) Sartre’s Bad Faith.