FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2017 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. Selecting TWO questions from EACH
SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2. Describe the role of underground water as a geomorphic agent in producing
erosional and depositional landforms. (20)
Q. No. 3. Give a comprehensive account of Hydrological Cycle and bring out human
induced changes in the process. (20)
Q. No. 4. Explain in detail the topographical characteristics of oceans floor structure.
Briefly explain the process of ocean floor spreading. (20)
Q. No. 5. “For the last two centuries human being is playing a pivotal role in changing the
planet earth”. Critically evaluate this statement in the context of global
environmental change. (20)
Q. No. 6. The post 9/11 scenario has totally changed the international tourism pattern in
the world. Give a critical appraisal on the hospitality industry in the developing
countries with particular reference to Pakistan. (20)
Q. No. 7. What is ethnic cleansing? How this phenomenon is happening in the world?
Give examples from the most recent processes of ethnic cleansings. (20)
Q. No. 8. Write short notes on any Two of the following: (10 each)
(a) Composition of the Atmosphere
(b)Differentiate between Frontiers and Boundaries
(c) Depositional Landforms of Valley Glacier