FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
ISLAMIC HISTORY & CULTURE
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II, by selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
How the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) proved him a great strategist during the Treaty of Hudaibia? (20)
Q. No. 3.
How did the first Caliph Ala Bakr (R.A) deal with the false claimants of Prophethood? (20)
Q. No. 4.
Discuss the election of the Rightly Guided Caliphs and its democratic spirit. (20)
Q. No. 5.
How did Shura work during the early period of Islam and how did this consultative body deteriorate under Umayyad caliphs. (20)
Q. No. 6.
Describe the salient features of Muslim contribution to religious literature and philosophy during Abbasid rule. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Elucidate impact of Crusades on Muslim-Christians relations. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each) (20)
- (a) Educational aspect of Islamic Modernism
- (b) Calligraphy
- (c) Muslim contributions to Chemistry