FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
ISLAMIC HISTORY & CULTURE
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II, by selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
The Charter of Madina played a vital role towards the formation of Islamic State in Madina. Discuss. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Bristly furnish the services of Caliph Abu Baker (R.A.) in the establishment of Khilafat Institutions. (20)
Q. No. 4.
State the salient features of Umayyad’s period.
Q. No. 5.
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each) (20)
- i. The Contents of the last sermon of Hajj
- ii. Development of Arabic Literature
- iii. Migration to Ethiopia
Q. No. 6.
During which period the Sufism was organized & developed.
Q. No. 7.
Enlist the Political, Economic, Educational and Social Aspects of Islamic Modernism.
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each)
- i. The Crusades
- ii. Contribution of Culture, Arts & Architecture under Ottoman Dynasty
- iii. Abu Jafer Al-Mansoor