FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
ISLAMIC HISTORY & CULTURE
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II, by selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Describe the Socio-Political conditions of Arabia before the dawn of Islam. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Holy Prophet’s Hijrat from Makkah to Madina was the turning point in the history of Islam. Explain. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Analyse the Fiscal Policy adopted by Umar bin Abdul Aziz during his reign. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Give an analytical study of the Muslim Architecture in Spain with special reference to Cordova Mosque and Al-Hamra of Granada. (20)
Q. No. 6.
Describe the Philosophical, scientific and literary progress under the Abbasids. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Critically evaluate the Ottoman’s administrative reforms with special reference to Tanzimat. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write a comprehensive essay on “Islam and the Challenges of Modernity”; in your opinion what should be an agenda for the 21st century? (20)