FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Discuss the life cycle of late blight of potato. Discuss its epidemics, disease forecast and control. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Write a note on sporophyte of Pinus. Compare reproductive characteristics of Pinus with Selaginella. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Write down the discovery, chemical structure, and role of gibberellins in regulating various physiological processes in plants. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Describe nitrogen cycles between the abiotic environment and organisms. Briefly describe how human activities have changed global nitrogen budget. (20)
Q. No. 6.
How Morgan and his students demonstrated that gene was linked in fruit flies? How linkage is related to some events in meiosis? (20)
Q. No. 7.
Differentiate between plasmid and vector. Briefly explain bacteriophage lambda (λ) vector. Describe its working and selection process. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write down a comprehensive notes on any TWO of the followings: (10 each) (20)
- (a) The four components of taxonomy.
- (b) Distribution of gymnosperms in Pakistan.
- (c) Differences in vascular system of stem of monocot and dicot plants.