FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Discuss biological and economic importance of Fungi. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Describe main features of Gymnosperms and explain life cycle of Pinus. (20)
Q. No. 4.
What are main types of Pollution? What may be the measures for its control? (20)
Q. No. 5.
Explain CAM Photosynthesis contrasting it to C4 Photosynthesis in terms of partitioning of a pathway. (20)
Q. No. 6.
What are the evidences in support of Evolution? What contributions modern genetics has made for its support? (20)
Q. No. 7.
What is the evidence for semiconservative replication of DNA? (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on the following: (5 marks each) (20)
- (a) Ultrastructure of cell membrane
- (b) Speciation
- (c) Vernalization
- (d) Classes of Algae