FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
What does Emerson mean by “Whoso would be a man must be a non-conformist”? Discuss. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Maugham in “The Lotus Eater” projects that our circumstances will shape our personalities, decisions and resolves. Explain. (20)
Q. No. 4.
“The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” is the song of being divided between passion and timidity. It is a song of frustration and emotional conflict. Discuss. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Keats is known as the master of sensuousness. Give arguments. (20)
Q. No. 6.
Eugene O’ Neill’s “Long Day’s Journey into Night” is a modem tragedy. Explain. (20)
Q. No. 7.
“Under the Net” represents both the political and philosophic views which Iris (20) Murdock herself held at the time, but also her self-image. Discuss. (20)
Q. No. 8.
How have Feminist theories tried to reshape literary studies? (20)