FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Explain the characteristics of Less Developed Countries (LDCs) with particular reference to Pakistan. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Critically evaluate the economic planning strategy of Pakistan. What policy measures would you suggest for sound economic planning? Discuss. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Elaborate the difference between agricultural development and rural development. What are the limitations of agricultural and rural development policies of Pakistan? Discuss. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Explain the major monetary and fiscal measures taken in Pakistan for industrial development for the last 20 years. (20)
Q. No. 6.
Highlight and explain changes in direction of trade in recent years. Also explain trends in exports and imports of Pakistan. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Delineate the difference among privatization, deregulation and decentralization. Evaluate the experience of Pakistan in privatization. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on TWO of the following: (10 each)
- (a) Export-led Growth Strategy
- (b) Growth vs. Distribution
- (c) Energy Crisis in Pakistan