FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Briefly explain theoretical justification for major sources of agriculture growth and analyze which of them are valid for Pakistan. Also state why green revolution did not continue to play its role in agriculture. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Pakistan has persistent trade deficit. Analyze this pattern and sources. Based upon your analysis, propose relevant and applicable policy for its improvement. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Point out three major economic issues pertaining to the failure of fiscal policy to achieve sustainable economic growth in Pakistan. Propose appropriate measures to solve these issues. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Point out major sources of inflation in Pakistan. Justify these sources empirically and discuss how this issue was managed in the last three decades. (20)
Q. No. 6.
Briefly explain and critically evaluate the role of public and private investment in Pakistan. Also point out their role in achieving sustainable economic growth of Pakistan. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Why internationally developed poverty lines may not be relevant to Pakistan. State poverty lines relevant to Pakistan and discuss its justifications and poverty trends in Pakistan. Also propose applicable policy measures to solve the issue. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Theoretically justify the role of public debt, either to play positive or negative. Analyze its role in Pakistan. Also discuss steps taken to solve this problem. (20)