NOTE: Paper two is published separately.
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
COMPUTER SCIENCE, PAPER-I
- THREE HOURS
- PART-I (MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
- PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
- PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II, by selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
(a) What are office productivity tools? Explain uses of any two productivity tools in your home or workplace. (7)
(b) Write a detailed note on computer crimes and ethical challenges. (7)
(c) What are the different types of computers? Explain the benefits of Miniaturization. (6)
Q. No. 3.
(a) Describe any two of the following briefly: ISP, HTML, SSD, Cloud Computing. (6)
(b) Write a program that should output the factors of the number passed as input – one factor on each line. Factors of a number, say x, are those whole number which can be multiplied with other whole numbers to get x. (5)
(c) What are IDEs? How do they help in Software Development? List the IDEs you have ever used. (5)
(d) Write a program in C/C++ to convert a decimal number to hexadecimal. (4)
Q. No. 4.
(a) Explain object oriented programming paradigm. Write a detailed note on any two of the principles of object-oriented paradigm. (8)
(b) Why do we need interfaces in OOP? How does it help in achieving Abstraction? (6)
(c) What do you mean by runtime and compile time error? (6)
Q. No. 5.
(a) What is a tree in data structure? Describe its types with help of examples. (8)
(b) What is pass by Value and pass by Reference? Can we pass an object as a parameter to call a method in java? (6)
(c) Convert the following infix notation to prefix (6)
(30+23)* (43-21)/ (84+7)
Q. No. 6.
(a) Convert following NFA to DFA: (8)
(b) Differentiate between overloading and overriding with the help of an example. (6)
(c) What is disk Recursion in data structure? Explain three conditions of a recursive function with the help of an example. (6)
Q. No. 7.
(a) Write a detailed note on any two of the following: (8)
- PERT Chart
- Unified Modelling Language
- AVL Tree
(b) What is a Software Process Model? Explain the Spiral Model in detail. (7)
(c) What do you mean by software quality? List at least five quality attributes. (5)
Q. No. 8.
(a) Consider the grammar
Construct a top-down parse tree for the input string w=cad
(b) Is the above given grammar ambiguous or unambiguous? justify your answer. (4)
(c) Write similarities and differences of CFG and regular expression. (4)
(d) Design grammar for the following language: (4)
“The set of all strings of 0s and 1s such that every 0 is immediately followed by at least one 1”.
(e) Write a note on aspect oriented programming. (4)