FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
History of USA
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
How the Anglo American group came into existence in the seventeenth century and established its standards as paramount along Atlantic seaboard of North America? (20)
Q. No. 3.
Discuss how George W. Bush’s reliance on the neo-conservative elements within his decision making team underscored their significant influence on American policy making? (20)
Q. No. 4.
As the largest and bloodiest conflict on American soil, the Civil War swept up nearly everyone into the fray. Hispanics were no exception, and as a result, they were significantly impacted by the conflict and shaped the conflict in important ways. Discuss.
Q. No. 5.
Flow Seneca Falls convention of 1848 led to the 19th Amendment in US constitution? Discuss in detail.
Q. No. 6.
New US India policy will pave way towards Pakistan, China and Russia block. Discuss (20) with proper examples and evidences. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Foreign assistance is an essential instrument of U.S. foreign policy. Analyse with authentic and proper evidences that how this tool was used by USA after Second World War on journey of becoming a sole super power? (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each) (20)
- American sense of destiny
- Revisionist’ views on US role in cold war
- Respect and hate for J.P Morgan