FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2019 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
History of USA
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2. What were the economic challenges President Clinton faced in post-Cold War era? How did he deal with these challenges? (20)
Q. No. 3. What were the factors which led to the formation of New England Confederation of Massachusetts Bay, Plymouth, Connecticut, and New Haven Colonies, in 1643? (20)
Q. No. 4. Critically evaluate the presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt with reference to his accomplishments and failure. (20)
Q. No. 5. The westward expansion was a story of annexation, concessions and purchases, since the declaration of Independence. Discuss. (20)
Q. No. 6. American Civil War (1860-1865) was an outcome of “clash of economic interests as well as of social ideals. Elaborate with arguments. (20)
Q. No. 7. What are the features of recent wave of Nationalism in American Foreign Policy under the Trump Administration? (20)
Q. No. 8. Discuss the philosophy of ‘Non-Violence’ with reference to Civil Rights Movement led by Dr Martin Luther King Jr. (20)