FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2018 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
History of USA
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2. What is the variance between the Treaties of Paris in 1763 and 1783? Elaborate their significant effect on the US. (20)
Q. No. 3. Why did American colonists criticized the Stamp Act of 1765? What was the Stamp Act Crisis and its repercussions on US society?(20)
Q. No. 4. Discuss the factors that have contributed to the amended status of American women with a special allusion to the Modern Feminism. (20)
Q. No. 5. Critically trace the African American Struggle for Equality and how many of them rose to the highest office. (20)
Q. No. 6. Trace out the reasons of US economy augmentation in the post WW II era. (20)
Q. No. 7. “New US Afghan policy may push Pakistan towards China.” Assess the observation in perception of the current deteriorating US-Pakistan relations. (20)
Q. No. 8. Write an all-inclusive note on the beginning and end of the Cold War. (20)