FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2017 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
History of USA
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q.2. Discuss in detail the impact of British advent in USA.
Q.3. Write a critical note on the formation and structure of the USA constitution.
Q.4. What factors led USA to emerge as a big power after the World War II.
Q.5 Discuss the Muslims perception of USA.
Q.6 Highlight the role played by the USA in some major international conflicts.
Q.7 Examine the merits and demerits of US election system to elect President.
Q.8 Write a short NOTE on two of the following:
a) Woodrow Wilson as president
b) Pakistan and USA relations after 9/11
c) Expansion of USA during 1900-1949