FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2018 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2. What are the fundamental differences between Gender Studies and Women’s Studies? Substantiate your argument(s) with examples. Highlight the current status of women studies in Pakistan
Q. No. 3.
Write a comprehensive essay on the ‘sex versus gender debate’ in feminist philosophy and social sciences, reflecting nature versus nurture argument.
Q. No. 4.
What type(s) of feminism can elevate the social-cultural, economic and political status of women in Pakistan?
Q. No. 5.
What are the reasons responsible for ranking Pakistan as the second-worst country in the world for gender inequality despite Pakistan commitment to many international conventions and strong commitment to gender equality in 1973 constitution?
Q. No. 6.
In the last two decades, globalization has had a huge impact on the lives of women in developing nations, including Pakistan. What are the impacts of global political economy on Pakistani women?
Q. No. 7.
Believing in the statement that “women cover half the sky”, do you think we need equal number of women in all spheres of public domain, especially in politics?
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any TWO of the followings: (10 each)
(a) ‘Gender Strategic Needs’ and ‘Gender Practical Needs’
(b) APWA and WAF
(c) Government Initiative for combating the menace of violence against women