FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Discuss in detail what the autonomy and integration debate in gender studies have important contribution for the development of the field of knowledge. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Masculinity and femininity are the deeply engraved realities since distant past in human history. Discuss various theoretical debates on the construction of masculinity and femininity to make it explicit that the formation of both is either natural or social reality. Support your arguments with real life examples. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Marxist feminism is a philosophical variant of feminism that incorporates and extends Marxist theory and analyzes the ways in which women arc exploited through capitalism and the individual ownership of private property. Discuss the development of Marxist/Socialist feminism and the philosophical stance they hold to discuss gender issues and exploitation. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Psychoanalytic feminism is a theory of oppression, which asserts that men have an inherent psychological need to subjugate women. As elaborated, give a detailed analysis of the gender oppression and women’s subordination promulgated by Psychoanalytic Feminism. (20)
Q. No. 6.
Modernization Theory blames internal cultural factors for women’s subordination in the developing world. Discuss and elaborate the given statement in respect to Modernization Perspectives. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Critically analyze the various approaches to women’s development focusing on Women in Development (WID), Women and Development (WAD) and Gender and Development (GAD). (20)
Q. No 8.
Despite the entry of women legislators into politics on a 17 percent quota in national and provincial assemblies, still there are voices that “is Pakistan’s Gender Quota in parliament showing results?”. Rethink and discuss that how quotas can lead to political mainstreaming of women in Pakistan. (20)