FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2018 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Differentiate between Ethnocentrism and Xenocentrism with examples. Which one and how is important in damaging the peace and development situation in Karachi? Discuss with logic and evidence on the Issue.
Q. No. 3.
Make a comparative and analytical discussion on the Social Contract Theory and the Organismic Theory while developing your thesis with a logical conclusion.
Q. No. 4.
How do you see the future of Pakistani society resulting from the effect of Industrialization, Modernization, Urbanization and Modern means of communication upon social change processes? Discuss with examples.
Q. No. 5.
How do you see the future of major cities in Pakistan? Discussing by focusing on the issues of water and foods security and the situation of terrorism and extremism with examples and data.
Q. No. 6.
Discuss the structure and functions of Pakistani family with examples, keeping in view the changes occurring. How do you see the future of Pakistani Family System? Make a research based argument.
Q. No. 7.
Ibn-e-Khaldun but not August Comte is the founder of Sociology? Make your argument in favour or against this thought with logic and examples from the historical development of sociology.
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on the following: (10 each)
(i) Research process in sociology
(ii) Deviance and street crime in Pakistan