FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Many scholars argue that the contemporary world we live in its predominantly dominated by a global culture. Do you agree that we live in a society with a global culture, provide examples for your arguments? (20)
Q. No. 3.
In what ways does informal and formal control help to reduce or prevent deviance and crime in society? (20)
Q. No. 4.
In what ways have industrialized and the tertiary sector created socio-cultural change in Pakistan? (20)
Q. No. 5.
Do you think Marxist theory about class and gender-based conflict is still relevant in contemporary day? (20)
Q. No. 6.
Discuss why Ibn-e-Khaldun, a 14th century Islamic jurist and scholar, still influences today, with respect to his ideas about social change? (20)
Q. No. 7.
Discuss the strengths and limitations of the three methods of data collection for social researchers: qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write Notes on the following: (10 each) (20)
- (a) The social determinants that contribute to workplace violence against women in Pakistan
- (b) The social determinants that contribute to domestic violence against women in Pakistan