FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2018 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, PAPER-I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Describe the evolutionary process through which International Relations acquired the status of an academic discipline. (20)
Q. No. 3.
What are the points of convergence and divergence in Neo-Realist and Constructivist approaches to the study of state behaviour in contemporary international politics? (20)
Q. No. 4.
What are the changing dimensions of security and how they vary from the classical concept of international security? (20)
Q. No. 5.
Define the concept of Strategic Culture and highlight the major determinants of Pakistan’s Strategic Culture. (20)
Q. No. 6.
Explain the concept of Economics Liberalism and relate its core interests with the concept of Neo-imperialism or creating Economic Dependency. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Globalisation is a buzz word of present day International Economic and Social Order; do you agree that it is transforming quickly the national cultures and politics? (20)
Q. No. 8.
Describe the concept of Pre-Emptive Self-Defence in the context of International Law and critically evaluate the legitimacy of US use of force against Iraq. (20)