FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2019 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, PAPER-I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Discuss the significant features of “Treaty of Westphalia” and the development of modern Nation-State System. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Discuss the concept of “Idealism”. Explain its core perceptions and define its agenda of peace for the stability of world. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Discuss the concept of “Security” in the post-Cold War era. Explain its changing dimensions and define its strength and weaknesses for the nation states. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Discuss the concept of “Hybird and Social Media” as a means of modern psychology warfare. Explain its characteristics and suggest measures to promote national security. (20)
Q. No. 6.
Critically discuss the idea of “Dependence and Interdependence”. Explain its advantages and disadvantages for the poor countries. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Discuss the development of “Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty” (NPT), define its main features and explain its status in present world. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Pakistan is going to International Monetary Fund (IMF) for its bailout package to resolve its financial problems through prudent management. Discuss Pakistan’s external debt problems and domestic liabilities to stabilize country’s economic uncertainty. (20)