NOTE: You can download this paper, the links are given at the end of the page.
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II by selecting ONE question from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
PART – II
Q. No. 2. What is your position on the nature vs nurture debate in criminology? (20)
Q. No. 3. Define and explain the following concepts: (05 marks each)
(a) Left realism and right realism
(b) Phrenology and Physiognomy
(c) Corporal punishment and capital punishment
(d) Sociology of Law, Criminal Etiology and Penology
Q. No. 4. Write a comprehensive note on the risk and protective factors of juvenile delinquency in Pakistan. (20)
Q. No. 5. What is recidivism? What kind of institutional modern strategies could be used for the reintegration of the criminals in Pakistan? (20)
Q. No. 6. Define criminal investigation and its principles. Highlight with examples the importance of modern techniques used for crime detection in Pakistan. (20)
Q. No. 7. The International Criminal Police Organization- ICPO, INTERPOL was founded in 1914 with the founding principle to coordinate efforts relating to international police cooperation. How do you see the role of INTERPOL for reducing money laundering with special reference to Pakistan? (20)
Q. No. 8. Explain the institutional corrections and alternative community corrections strategies in detail. Support your answer with examples where appropriate.
Q. No. 9. Keeping in view the social learning perspective in criminology, discuss how terrorists use internet as a tool to reinforce their ideology among youth in Pakistan.
Links to Download this Paper from Google Drive or Dropbox.