NOTE: You can download this paper, the links are given at the end of the page.
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2019 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II by selecting ONE question from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
PART – II
Q. No. 2. Travis Hirschi argued that crime results when an individual’s bond to society is weak or broken. Discuss in detail what this theory of social bonding explains about crime. (20)
Q. No. 3. Discuss the fundamental postulates of Edwin Sutherland’s ‘Differential Association theory’ with examples. (20)
Q. No. 4. Discuss some of the functions and responsibilities of Juvenile Justice System. Do you believe that Juvenile Justice has played its role in prevention of juvenile crimes in Pakistan? (20)
Q. No. 5. How far recidivism has been limited by the institution of prison? Explain some of the modern strategies used in prison for the restoration and reintegration of criminals.
Q. No. 6. Define and differentiate interviewing and interrogation techniques. How far human rights of criminals are being violated during the interrogation process?
Q. No. 7. How the forensic science is a helpful tool in the modern day for determining and detection of violent crimes? (20)
Q. No. 8. Cybercrime is increasing at national and international levels. Suggest some measures to control this kind of crime. (20)
Q. No. 9. How do violent crimes affect social fabric of Pakistani society? Discuss some of the modern policing strategies for prevention and control of the violent crimes in Pakistan.
Links to Download this Paper from Google Drive or Dropbox.