FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Discuss the role of regional and nationalist political parties in Pakistani politics. How far these parties are necessary for the political system? (20)
Q. No. 3.
Discuss the Federal Structure of 1973 Constitution of Pakistan after 18th Amendment. Why criticism on 18th Amendment started recently? (20)
Evaluate the factional politics of early years (1947-58) and its impact on the democratic process of Pakistan. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Every state designs its foreign policy on its National interests rejecting feelings and emotions. Why did Pakistan prefer emotions, feelings and Ideology in its foreign policy? Also analyze its impact. (20)
Q. No. 6.
What is the volume of grants, aid and loans in Pakistan’s economy in the last ten years to stimulate the growth? Discuss. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Why did Pakistan join Western Defense Pacts? What cost it had to pay for that? Explain. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Discuss the issues and mistrust in US-Pakistan relations after the withdrawal of the US troops from Afghanistan. (20)