FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2022 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Propose prospective foreign policy options for Pakistan in the wake of Russian invasion of Ukraine on 24 February 2022. (20)
Q. No. 3.
The 2021 Taliban Takeover of Afghanistan presents regional and global challenges. (20)
Q. No. 4.
How do the nature and possible prospects of US-Russia strategic nuclear deterrence change with the enforcement of New START treaty of 2021? What could be the treaty’s implications on Pakistan’s nuclear programme, keeping in view its defence policy? (20)
Q. No. 5.
Muslim Ummah has failed to unite under one roof. The leadership, their internal wrangling and sectarian divide keeps them away from each other. No wonder the Muslim world is in shambles in their home countries, at OIC level and at international forums. Taking a tag from above, discuss ways and means to unite the Muslim Ummah with a pragmatic approach. (20)
Q. No. 6.
Numerous political systems- Parliamentary as well as Presidential, have been in vogue in Pakistan with limited success. Draft your own proposed but practical system that would result in good governance of the country. Stipulate reasons and conditions for its success. (20)
Q. No. 7.
The US and China have been in an on-going trade war since 2018. In academic circles, it has been argued that this conflict may as well be the Second Cold War. Critically evaluate the future world order with main actors as China, Russia and the US. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any two of the following: (10 each) (20)
(a) Poverty & Trade in South Asia and the role of SAARC
(b) A comparison of leadership qualities between Xi Jinping of China and Joe Biden of the US
(c) 2022 FIFA World Cup and politics of the Arab World