FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Agriculture & Forestry
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II, by selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Discuss the applicability, affordability, and effectiveness of Precision Agriculture in prevailing farming systems. (20)
Q. No. 3.
What changes do you foresee in our farming systems in post climate change era? (20)
Q. No. 4.
Analyze critically the present sugar and wheat flour crisis, keeping in view its socio economic constraints. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Describe zero tillage and mechanized tillage, their merits and demerits. Which one you would recommend and why? (20)
Q. No. 6.
Discuss different Silvicultural systems suitable for natural as well as manmade forests. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Explain the advantages of different silvicultural operations needed at different growth stages of forests. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Desertification is a growing threat. Which climate and edaphic factors accelerate it and how? (20)