FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
What are the four fields of Anthropology and how ate the related to each other? (20)
Q. No. 3.
Define descent group. Briefly describe the different loans of descent groups. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Compare and contrast assimilation, integration, and marginalization with examples. (20)
Q. No. 5.
What is social stratification? What MC the different factors responsible for stratification in a society? Discuss with reference to Pakistan. (20)
Q. No. 6.
Who proposed the idea of “thick description”? Discuss anthropological research as thick description. Also provide examples. (20)
Q. No. 7.
What methods of Anthropological research make it distinct from research in other social sciences? (20)
Q. No. 8.
Discus religion and supernatural beliefs according to evolutionary perspective. (20)