FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Define risk analysis. Discuss the four steps of risk analysis by EPA. (20)
Q. No. 3.
How can biotechnology, bioengineering and the increasing use of genetically modified organisms help us to deal with increasing food demands. (20)
Q. No. 4.
How will you define Biodiversity? What is meant by the instrumental and intrinsic value of species? Why biodiversity is decreasing? Discuss different factors of biodiversity loss. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Explain the phenomenon of global warming. Which of the greenhouse gases are the most significant contribution to global warming? What steps could be taken to stabilize the greenhouse gas content of the atmosphere? (20)
Q. No. 6.
Discuss the Montreal Protocol and its subsequent amendments. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Define Eutrophication. Explain the difference between natural and cultural eutrophication. Discuss the methods of combating Eutrophication. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write notes on any TWO of the following: (20)
- Carrying capacity