FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2021 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
POLITICAL SCIENCE, PAPER-II
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II by selecting ONE question from SECTION-A and THREE questions from SECTION-B. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Under the Unitary State System, how does the local government system work in the UK? (20)
Q. No. 3.
How does the system of Checks and Balances work in the US political system? Explain with examples. (20)
Q. No. 4.
“A strong political system needs a very strong political economy.” Prove this statement by making a comparative and analytical answer with reference to China and Malaysia. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Discuss the major issues of the constitutional making process in Pakistan in 1956, 1962, and 1973. (20)
Q. No. 6.
What are the major obstacles to the process of national integration in contemporary Pakistan? Suggest remedies for success of the process. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Write down the major determinants of the foreign policy of Pakistan. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Discuss the features of Turkish model of democracy keeping the distinguished position of the armed forces in Turkish politics. (20)