FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
POLITICAL SCIENCE, PAPER-I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II, by selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
What is the Aristotelian classification of state? (20)
Q. No. 3.
What is the difference of between Rousseau’s notion of ‘the state of nature’ and that of Hobbes and Locke? (20)
Q. No. 4.
Ibn I Khaldun while acknowledging the external factors, emphasizes more on the internal systemic factors as decisive for the decline of states. Elaborate. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Explain the socio-political thought of Shah Waliullah which is greatly ingrained in his religio-philosophical thought. (20)
Q. No. 6.
What are the political and legal constraints over the sovereignty of parliament in Pakistan? (20)
Q. No. 7.
The adoption of parliamentary system in Pakistan is the result of political experiences of Pakistanis in the past. Elaborate. (20)
Q. No. 8.
What is capitalism and what is its relation with democracy? (20)