FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
All contracts are agreements but all agreement are not contracts. Discuss with reference to the essentials of a valid contract.
Q. No. 3.
“No one can transfer a better title than he himself possesses”. Discuss the exceptions to this rule?
Q. Na 4.
What are the mutual rights and liabilities of partners towards each other and the firm?
What process is to be adopted for transfer of shares and other securities? What remedy is available with the aggrieved in case of refusal by the board of directors for registration of transfer?
Q. No. 6.
Who is an arbitrator? Write down in detail the comparison between section 8 and 9 of the Arbitration Act. 1940?
Q. No. 7.
What presumptions of law, as a special rule of evidence, are attached with respect to negotiable instruments of consideration?
Q. No. 8.
Write a comprehensive note on establishment, functions and powers of the competition Commission of Pakistan.