FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Town Planning & Urban Management
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Discuss the planning process in detail and also identify the role of town planner as lead and economist, geographer, environmentalist, architect, civil engineer and sociologist as supporting in plan making. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Discuss the main features of master plan of Islamabad city. further. discuss reasons for failure of master plans of Lahore city and success of toaster plan of Islamabad capital city. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Cities and population health are intrinsically interlinked. Historically cities have systematically metamorphosed in response to threats e.g., in 18th century plague inspired a global sanitary movement in colonial cities. Do you think Covid-I9 will also impact planning of city in future if yes. how cities will be shaped in future due to this pandemic? (20)
Q. No. 5.
Is it advisable to promote urbanization for economic development in developing country? Do you see it will be beneficial or harmful measure for country like Pakistan? Elaborate your answer with examples. (20)
Q. No. 6.
What is housing affordability? Discuss the Housing issues of low and middle income groups in context Of affordability. Further, how Naya Pakistan Housing Program can help in resolving the housing issues of low and middle income group? (20)
Q. No. 7.
What do you know about seventeen Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Highlight the challenges that can be faced while implementing SDG-1 1 in Pakistani cities. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each) (20)
(a) Zoning as tool of development control
(b) Rural Development Planning
(c) Use of Geographic Information System (GIS) in Planning