FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2018 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Muslim Law and Jurisprudence
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2. Does Islam allow privatization of law? Discuss in the light of Blasphemy laws of Pakistan. (20)
Q. No. 3.
(a) What are the rational sources of Islamic law? (7)
(b) What are the elements of Qiyas? (7)
(c) Explain Qiyas with the help of an example. (6) (20)
Q. No. 4. Explain the procedure of Talaq-e- Ahsan and Talaq-e-Hassan. (20)
Q. No. 5. Discuss origin and development of Islamic Law of International relations. (20)
Q. No. 6. Differentiate between following terms/concepts: (5 each) (20)
(a) Fiqh and shariah
(b) Ijtihad and Taqlid
(c) Wajib and Fard
(d) Hukm-e-taklifi and Hukum-e-wadi
Q. No. 7. Discuss the relationship between Maqasid-e-Shariah and Human Rights. (20)
Q. No. 8. Discuss any two of the following transactions: (10 each) (20)