FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2019 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
History of Pakistan & India
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2. “Intnerl consolidation rather than territorial expansion was the keynote of Bulban’s policy”. Elucidate. (20)
Q. No. 3. “Akbar full realized the absence of national spirit in the Mughal Empire and tried to build one, but history of his dynasty records that he failed in the task”. In this context discuss Akbars’s policy towards non-Muslims. (20)
Q. No. 4. “By his political reforms and policy of religious toleration Sher Shah laid the foundation of an elightened government”. Discuss. (20)
Q. No. 5. How and why the concept of Basic Democracies was evolved in Pakistan and with what results? (20)
Q. No. 6. Elaborate legal frame work order of 1970 and its far reaching impac on the politics of Pakistan. (20)
Q. No. 7. Write notes on the following: (10 each)
- Movement for the Restoration of Democracy (MRD)
- Hussain Shaheed Suharwardy and his Ministry (1956-57)
Q. No. 8.Give brief but composed answers of the following. (5 each)
- What do you know about Democratic Action Committee
- What was Operation Fair Policy
- Describe the main reforms Prime Minister Moeen Qureshi.
- Incident of Ojhri Camp.