NOTE: You can download this paper, the links are given at the end of the page.
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2019 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Under the Constitution of Pakistan 1973, through which stages a “Bill” passes by for becoming an “Act” of the Parliament and further to become a “Law”? Briefly explain the process and procedure of law-making in the Senate.
Q. No. 3.
What does the phrase, “Judicial Review” means under the American Constitution? Explain.
Q. No. 4.
Do you agree with the view that in the U.K. there are no constitutional restrictions on the powers of the Parliament but the powers of the Congress in the USA are checked both by the executive as well as judiciary?
Q. No. 5.
Can the British Supreme Court strike down the laws which are repugnant to the provisions of the British Constitution? If so under which provision of the British Constitution?
Q. No. 6.
What is the difference between the procedures of constitutional amendment in the Russian as well as American Constitutions?
Q. No. 7.
What are the powers of the Russian President in the light of Article-83 of the Russian Constitution?
Q. No. 8.
Which of the three Constitutions of Pakistan i.e. 1956, 1962 and 1973 is the best and more comprehensive. Give an analytical comparison.
Links to Download this Paper from Google Drive or Dropbox.