FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II by selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
What were merits and demerits of Whig oligarchy? Critically examine the causes of the downfall of Whig ascendancy.
Q. No. 3.
Estimate the influence of French Revolution on English Society and Political thought.
Q. No. 4.
Give a history of parliamentary Reforms between 1832. A.D to 1928 A.D. Also critically examine how England became a politically democratic country?
Q. No. 5.
“Peel was the most liberal of conservatives and most conservative of liberals”. Examine the statement critically.
Q. No. 6.
What do you know about the Middle East and Suez Canal crisis? Also explain why did England withdraw from Palestine and Suez Canal? Discuss.
Q. No. 7.
What do you know about the League of Nations? Explain the work of the league. What were the causes of the failure of the League of Nations?
Q. No. 8.
What were the causes of Falkland War? In what way it has affected the Britain’s relationship with Latin American countries?