FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2017 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II by selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q.No.2. What were the merits and demerits of the Whig rule? What led to the downfall of
Whig ascendancy? Analyze comprehensively.
Q.No.3. Industrial Revolution drastically changed methods of production in England.
How did it affect the Social, Economic, Political and Cultural life of the English
Q.No.4. Give a comprehensive account of chartist movement. Why did it fail? Explain
Q.No.5. “Gladstone’s domestic policy was the climax of liberalism”. Discuss it
Q.No.6. Explain the Eastern Question and critically analyse the attitude of England
towards this question from 1820 to 1913.
Q.No.7. What do you understand by British Commonwealth of Nations and how it
developed? How does it differ from the term British Empire?
Q.No.8. What are the advantages and disadvantages of Brexist for England? Analyse