FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2018 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
“From the theoretical stand point, the provision for applying the ‘general principles’ sounding the death ― knell of positivism”. Discuss.
Q. No. 3.
What do you mean by subject of law? Discuss individuals as subjects of International law with special reference to Reparation for injuries suffered in the service of United Nations Organization case 1949.
Q. No. 4.
According to Starke, the subject of recognition can be presented, “Less as a body of clearly defined rules or principles than as a body of fluid, inconsistent and unsystematic state practice”. Discuss.
Q. No. 5.
To what extant, if at all, are the powers of the Security Council confined to the contents of Chapters VI and VII of the United Nations Charter?
Q. No. 6.
Critically analyze the powers of the General Assembly and Security Council in the settlement of International Disputes.
Q. No. 7.
“Although Security Council has resolved most of the issues relating to threat to international peace and security but the real problem today is about its composition”. Discuss.
Q. No. 8.
Elucidate and Justify: “The United Nations, inspite of its imperfections, is the only organization that can save humanity from disaster and complete annihilation”.