FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2017 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2. International Law is Oxymoronic. Argue. (20)
Q. No. 3. Explain the basic difference between Primary and Subsidiary sources of International Law.
Q. No. 4. How can good offices and mediation help in avoiding influence of Security Council’s highhandedness? Analyze.
Q. No. 5. How does International Law deal with POWs? Explain with examples. (20)
Q. No. 6. Under Vienna Convention how would you define treaty, its major features and conditions of termination of a treaty?
Q. No. 7. What are the Jurisdictional constraints to the right of self-determination in context to Montevideo Convention on the recognition of state?
Q. No. 8 Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each)
(a) Nature of relationship of a state with an individual.
(b) International Soft Law.
(c) Collective use of Force.